Chandragiri fort, the fourth capital of the Vijayanagar Empire, was one of the most prosperous kingdoms in the ancient India. This was built in the 11th century and has the Raja and Rani palaces within the fort and is located in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh. This fort is famous for its astounding beauty and the empirical regal history. The Chandragiri fort served as the headquarters of Narasimha Saluva in 1485. These crowning towers represent the Hindu architectural elements. The Raja Mahal here is now the museum with the collection of stone and metal sculptures from 2 BC.
The visitors get the food stalls available at the place; also it makes a good place to sit with a family, or group of friends. Taking pictures and videos are allowed inside the premises of the fort but not inside the museum.
The Chandragiri fort is a magnanimous fort near Tirupati hills that will give the visitors a lot of history to look forward too. The temple can be visited by tourists and travelers throughout the year but visiting the place during summer can be inconvenient because the weather here during summer is sweltering hot. The Chandragiri fort is 12 km away from Tirupati and is well connected to the cities like Chittoor, Pakala etc. It takes 30-40 minutes to reach the Chandragiri fort from the Tirupati Central Bus Station.