The Gujari Mahal converted to an archaeological museum in 1922, the Gujari Mahal is located on the eastern gate of the fort. The museum comprises of terracotta figures, stone inscription, bronze and stone sculptures, coins, paintings, arms and weapons and many excavated objects.
Gujari Mahal has been developed into an important museum under Directorate of Archaeology, Archives and Museum, Madhya Pradesh. Galleries displaying various artefacts and ancient relics of the 1st and 2nd century B.C. are found inside the museum. The museum also houses inscriptions engraved in Devnagari, Brahmi and Persian scripts which helps to throw light to the tales of ancient India. Miniature sculpture of ‘salabhanjika’ and replicas of frescoes found in the Bagh cave are some of the remarkable objects to be seen here. A fragment of ‘heliodorus pillar’ of the Garuda Empire from Vidisha is a special attraction of the museum.