The head was worshipped for a long time before the King of Khatu, Roop singh Chauhan established a temple for the head of Barbarika and is being worshipped ever since then. It was built in 1027 A.D. and was later renovated in 1720 A.D. by Diwan Abhaisingh who was known as a nobleman and the ruler of Marwar. The idol or the head which is enshrined in the temple is made of rare stone and is being protected by the government. The Khatushyam temple /structure and the walls are carved into the scenes from the epic scripture and the painting in the temple depicts the whole story of how Barbarika's Head was found. Another Khatushyam temple is located near Vasna which is known for being the home for the newly born children and to receive the blessings of Lord Khatushyam who is also known as Baliya Dev.
Khatu Shyam Temple open at 05:30 AM to 01:00 PM and then 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM in Winter season and in Summer extended by one hours (with opening and closing time)