However whenever India was subjected to foreign invasions, these temples and this place suffered major desecrations as invading forces realized the importance of this place as the centripetal force driving the country and holding it together. The most recent instance of destruction was recorded in 1670 when Aurangzeb completely razed down the building structure and the place during his invasion removing any sign or trace of its existence. However, recently due to the combined efforts of many well wishers, philanthropists and industrialists the temple was again restructured and revived in the 20th century. The new temple complex was constructed to ensure it would contain the Keshavdeva temple, the Garbha Griha temple and the Bhagavata Bhavan amongst other important shrines. The temple is located in the south of the Shahi Eidgah. It is a must visit temple for any ardent devotee of the great Lord Krishna.